This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

7.01.2010

Erik's Turn

Good day family. I hope wherever you are and whatever you are doing is going well. As for my summer and life in general I'd have to say things are going pretty well. There's always things I'd change but I can say, standing back and observing my life at the moment, I'm quite satisfied with how things are running.
In every person's life there is a period of finding yourself and who you are. For me, that period of my life seems to be over. I know who I am and where I belong. I have the greatest group of friends anyone could imagine, and the times I've spent with them are some of the happiest moments of my life.
One activity in which I participate with my friends is Ultimate. We get together often for a pick up game. Every Sunday at 6pm those of us who can, play at WSU. The opportunity to play with a college team has strengthened our own team and now it has become an equal match. The games we play against the WSU team before last year and the end of the previous year were usually terrible losses but now we've become much better. I see myself in the shoes of the juniors that were here my freshman year, and now we're even better than then. Its looking like my high school life is starting to come full circle. Every once in a while, we have a movie night. We get together in the late afternoon or evening and simply hang out playing games and watching movies. So far our record is four movies. Each movie night has always included a disney movie. Several years ago I would have never thought disney would become one of my favorite things to watch. I've enjoyed every movie night, and some of the memorable events of these have been laying out over a couch into a fat sack(basically a super bean bag chair) cranium was played once after everyone had gone to sleep except for Stephen, Hillary, Me, and Abby. I can tell you cranium at three in the morning is very entertaining:) It was after this we went and lounged outside until the sun appeared as staying up that long had put us four in an odd state of mind where we were awake and didn't need sleep but still functioned as though we were sleep deprived.
Abby and I have had a lot of fun this summer as well. We took a trip to the zoo and recently I went along with her family to visit her Aunt in Mcpherson. She also is officially caught up on Chuck and has become a fan as well.
A couple of assignments I have this summer is my extended essay, for which I just finished a informational camp. I also have to complete two books for IB, The White Tiger and Elephant Vanishes.
That is all that I can think of as note worthy for now, other than National Youth Gathering in a few weeks. Love you all, God bless.
PS If you need a bit of entertainment and would like to see our Ultimate Team in action follow this link to a Ultimate Video created by myself and Abby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7pLePsK5c

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your ultimate team is getting better. That's awesome that you are evenly matched. Oh and by the way. I liked meeting Abby. She's neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik - I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. It was completely free flowing and really helped me understand what you like to do in your free time!!! Also, when do I get to meet Abby???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Erik, I have participated in several Disney movie marathons in the student lounge; Disney movies just seem to age well. Also, I can understand that all-nighter mindset!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.