I thought the appropriate title for our blog this time might be...waiting. That's what we are doing now. The next week has very few commitments as does the week of Thanksgiving (for obvious reasons!). But we are getting excited and I have Dan on his toes with a fully charged cell phone. My friend, Sara, had her baby yesterday. I'll be watching Alexander in the New Year a few days a week. This, I am sure, will create many fun stories since our children will be close in age!
I have been wrapping things up at work and finished this up yesterday with the transfer of my last two families to their new primary coaches. Thank goodness the one family was finally home and I held my 4 or 5th visit of the year with them. Bless Brenda for taking them. At least they always called to cancel (flu, scabes, throwing up, doctor appts, etc.)--they always had an excuse. If I'm still around Tuesday, I get to visit the mouse house. I have been asked multiple times if I'd come back and when and if I'd consider doing training or consults so we'll leave the options open. For now, I am looking forward to the opportunity to stay home. In my free evenings I have been organizing, cleaning, and getting to the YMCA.
Dan has been busy with website redesigns and tweeks at work. Check out the latest fun piece on the KWCH weather site--it will tell you what your hair might do with the weather for the day! He's also in the process (again) of working on a mobile phone app. Dan played his last gig for the year with Lobster Adoption last night. And has at least a TV appearance left for Threads of Three (Dec 2 in the am) scheduled on KWCH. We'll send more information out. Dan has also been working out at the Y, writing songs, and playing on the computer.
Brisco is looking forward to celebrating his 4th birthday on Monday. He's got plans to chew on some links, a bone, eat treats, and open a few presents. He is also hopeful that we will turn on the heater soon. We probably should make that a goal this weekend since it is 57 in the house this morning.
Well, we look forward to introducing you at some point in the next two weeks to Baby Rivers. Don't forget to get your guesses for actual birthdate and the baby's gender in at: theriverscurrent.blogspot.com or send us an email. :)
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI am anixously awaiting the new baby also. I got to hold Mandi's today at the Andover church. It did get the Grandma genes going again. She is precious and felt small although Addie was that size at one time :) Do turn on your heat!
Love you, Mom
Happy Birthday to Brisco. Maybe Baby Rivers will make an appearance to help him celebrate! I must look up the weather hair day at KWCH. That sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got the blog done before Little Rivers arrived. My day was today (Sunday). Looks like I am out of luck. Be sure and let us know when Dan's on KWCH. The hair thing definitely sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Hope Brisco has a great birthday. I remember you coming over to help celebrate a birthday for Leisel many years ago.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you, Dan, Baby Rivers and Brisco when I come home!!! I even have my heat on Sarah... (just for the nights) and I'm in Texas :-).
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about the new little baby!!! And see pictures and hopefully meet him/her soon!!!!! I do think if I can finally break down and buy a winter coat, you can turn on the heat. Happy Birthday to Brisco and congrats to Dan on all the news time!!!!! Love you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Sarah, Olivia is beautiful.
ReplyDelete