On May 25, I headed to New York after finishing school for the year. I met Randy there and I got in just a minute before midnight so still made it on Mary's birthday:) Mary opened her presents, she loved them all, and then off to bed we went. We enjoyed our time with Mary and Kurtis and even managed to have a whole day with both of them as they were off work on Monday. Here are some of the sights we saw and things we did. Some will be seen in the photos attached. Saturday we did some shopping and saw Mary's show at Signature and Kurtis' show at the Joyce. Both were good and it is so exciting to see the work they do! Sunday, Randy and I enjoyed seeing the Tenement Museum, Porgy and Bess(musical), some of the fleet down by the waterfront, and then out to supper with Mary. Monday was our day with both of them. I made Mary's birthday cake, helped weed the garden, went to Prospect Park Zoo, to the Brooklyn Pier area to see more of the fleet although it was hard to see, rode the carousel in Brooklyn Park such fun(!), ate at The Farm in the flat-bush area, and then had birthday cake in the evening. Tuesday, we saw the rose garden in the Botanic Gardens before Mary went to work after eating at Tom's. Then Kurtis, Randy, and I went to the Transient Museum which told the history of the subway and was very informative. We enjoyed seeing more of Brooklyn while going to the REI store, a specialty shaving store, and then to a deli where we met Mary for supper. Wednesday, we took a car to the airport and I flew home while Randy flew to Las Vegas. It was very hot and humid in New York this time so it was a lot like Kansas today!
 |
| Mary enjoying her presents. |
 |
| Mary the tortoise. |
|
|
 |
| Who are these dinosaurs? |
 |
| By the frog statue. |
 |
| Some of the fleet we saw at the Brooklyn Pier. |
 |
| Fun! |
 |
| Old Subway cars in the museum. |
 |
| By the Bachelor Buttons. |
While we were gone, Mary's cat, Longstreet died. He was 15+ years old and had been sick for a couple months. I was sure sad but Grandma and Charles were able to bury him at the pet cemetery at the pasture.
 |
| Mary and Longstreet |
June looks to be a month of fast energetic activities. We will be getting Charles ready to move to the Denver area plus doing Municipal Band. Charles happens to have acquired the equipment hauling position this year so it has been an experience already.
I also hope to enjoy my granddaughters this summer with fun summer activities. They are so precious!!
 |
| Olivia and Adelynn found a worm. |
Always good to see pictures. Sounds like there is lots to see and do in New York. Maybe someday we will make it! Have fun with those granddaughters.
ReplyDeleteLoved the visit and pictures here :-) i will miss Longstreet also.
ReplyDelete