Hello everyone!
Sorry for the delay in posting. I have had this nasty cough and on and off fever and Monday and Tuesday were not good days.
I'm enjoying my 4th month in Denver (the anniversary is officially on July 13th - but who is counting!)
I am continuing my intern position at Curious Theatre Company in downtown Denver. It is about a 4 minute walk from the Denver Museum of Art and about a 7 minute walk to the capital building. For those who are adept at Google Maps, the official address is 1080 Acoma, Denver, Colorado 80204. The theatre is located in a refurbished church - Presbyterian oddly enough. The theatre itself seats about 200. We just opened our second show of the season, Time Stands Still by Donald Margulies. It is the story of Sarah and James, both of whom have returned from the war zones in Iraq after Sarah was terribly wounded and James had a nervous breakdown. James is a journalist and Sarah is a photojournalist. The play chronicles their falling in love again, searching through difficult questions and ultimately asks the question what happens when two people who love each other have to go their separate ways. Its a sad play but very good and is receiving good reviews again. Curious is a rocking place to be. If you haven't explored, be sure to check out www.curioustheatre.org for more information.
Clara and I have both been dealing with sickness. Clara has gone through kennel cough a couple of times and most recently experienced seizures due to her food (long story short, don't use Purina's Beneful food). I've been dealing with a cough and on and off fever for about 4 weeks now. Clara's pretty much been cured. Me however. They aren't able to figure out how to get rid of my situation. Work has been flexible with my illness which is appreciated.
I've had two visitors recently which are definitely helping my mood (in addition to the Chiropractic work that I'm experiencing). Mom came two weekends ago and we had a really great time. Shopping, watching movies and just generally enjoying ourselves. Jennifer Lee, one of my friends from K-State, visited this past weekend and we also had a wonderful time (including a trip on the Georgetown Loop Railroad - eeck!).
Hope all is well with you. I'll see all of you soon (November 23 for sure).
Love,
Charles
Love the train pictures!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Thanks for the update, Charles. We look forward to seeing you for Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture of you! Glad Clara is feeling better. Now I hope they can figure you out. Love you!
ReplyDelete