This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

1.16.2013

Almost Missed It

Whew!!! Glad I was taking the time to look around at the different blogs that I read today and wondered why this one was looking so empty. That would be, because it is the Rutherford's turn to post!

It has been a whirlwind of a fall for us. From mid-October on we spent very little time together as we worked fairly opposite schedules and had no days off together from the Hurricane Sandy up until Christmas Day. Yikes! Of course, we are super thankful for having consistent work so, not complaining, just saying.

We had a delightful trip back to KS at the beginning of the year where I believe that we caught up with pretty much everyone for several hours at a time. At least, I feel updated on everyone's lives and hopefully you feel the same about ours. From KS, we took off toward Colorado and enjoyed some ski time with Dad and Charles. This was a great little get away and we got up to speed pretty quickly while taking the laid back approach too!

Now, back to the grindstone, with Kurtis back in at Cedar Lake and myself out searching for some additional work. I will still be swinging at Jersey Boys, but there isn't quite enough there to create a full time job. As soon as I say that, though, we have people leaving the show, new ones coming in that will need costumes adjusted and I've got a bit of work coming from Cedar Lake too. My jobs are constantly changing and moving around. Keeps things interesting!

On a personal level, we are still brewing beer, doing yoga, beginning to think about what's going in the garden and started making cheese this past weekend. Next step, root beer and guitar. If we get that far...

Included are a few pictures from our time at the beginning of the year. Enjoy!
Love,
Mary and Kurtis






4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post Mary. Let me know how the cheese making goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I like the pictures. Always enjoy hearing of your adventures!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you guys. Looks like skiing was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun to have you surprise us. Glad you got to come.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.