This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

2.10.2013

Thank you!

Hello from Austin! First, thank you to everyone for all of the birthday gifts and wishes! As I celebrate another year, I also ask for your prayers for my cousin Jonathan's family as they grieve the car accident that took his life. 

James and I are in our new apartment. It is in the same apartment complex, so we still enjoy walking in the surrounding neighborhood and eating at the local restaurants. We recently found a new place called Kolache Creations. Our favorites are the jalapeno sausage and cheese kolache and the strawberry cream cheese kolache. James is now driving to work in Sarah and Dan's Nissan Versa, which saves a lot of time and gives him a lot more flexibility. (Thank you, Rivers!)

My work has been busy as we just finished instrument test drives for all of the 5th graders. We had around 100 5th graders come to try the instruments, so we seem to be on track for keeping our numbers for next year. The Texas Music Educator Association (TMEA) Convention is this Thursday and Friday. I hope I can make it Friday and convince James to take the day off and come with me. We're hoping to stay in San Antonio that night and visit his family on Saturday.

Friday night we were able to see the touring show of Lion King for my birthday. It was amazing! The costumes are unbelievable. I know many of you have seen it, but for those who haven't the costumes are all made out of different kinds of puppets. I had no idea so many different kinds of puppets existed. We were able to go back stage after the show because my colleague Paul was playing violin in the pit orchestra. He asked the flutist to give us the tour. Her name is Kay and she has been touring with the company for 10 years (since they started) and coincidentally was playing for Les Misreables in NYC when my dad took me the year they closed the show. How crazy is that?

It was really nice to see everyone over the Christmas break! We are so blessed to be a part of this family! I wish we could see everyone more often. God's Blessings for happy and healthy weeks ahead.

Hannah and James

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We are always glad to hear of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get a little peek into what's up with you all! Thinking of your whole family with Jonathan's loss. Much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We, too, saw the Lion King this fall on tour--amazing!! Glad to hear Violet is making life a little easier. Several people have commented that I have new hubcaps. Dirty Harry is treating us well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.