Things are always consistent but never boring at our house!
We traded blog dates with the Rivers because things were exceptionally busy at our house during our time slot. Now that the wedding is over, we can breathe again for a couple of weeks before a trip to KC. What kept us busy you ask? I will tell you.
After spray tanning for the first time last Thursday, (with bridesmaids for the wedding) I had some color for the first time… well, ever! It was cold! It was such a foreign and awesome experience! Dave just kept staring at me and saying “It’s so weird to see you tan!” We’ve known each other for half our lives, so I can see why it’s strange to him!
Friday morning Pam came to watch the girls because I went to get pedicures and pre-wedding stuff done in Wichita. Friday night we had rehearsal and dinner. Adelynn had so much fun dancing and playing with the two flower girls (age 5 and 3). I had my last sleepover with Amee (bride), and we turned in early and got up early – which is the opposite of every sleepover we have ever had!
We were at the church at 7:30am with Starbucks in hand. We spent the morning relaxing and getting ready for the day.
(Throwback to 5 years ago Friday!!! – when the roles were reversed.)
I was lucky to get to walk with a friend of mine from my 8th grade class. (Tristan Fouard) The whole wedding was a little reunion, and when you have 21 classmates, it’s fun to see everyone again.
After the reception wound down, we sent Ava with my parents to go home to Pam who had Adelynn (she was sick) and we went to dinner with close friends and some family for more wedding celebration in Wichita. We got home in time for bed. We got up for church the next morning then went to scarf down lunch and for me to head to our Women’s Ministry “P” Party at Regena Garber’s house.
After the party I got home at 7, cleared my calendar for Monday, and went to bed. I had about 6 awake hours at home over the weekend.
Women’s Ministry is something I love to be a part of. We get together about 2-3 evenings a month at Metro to plan events for the women in our church – our quarterly events include all 3 campuses. We are always there until closing time, and when the weather allows, we finish our conversation outside after 10. Dave knows not to expect me home early on those nights I have done this for a year and have loved every minute!
For this party, I was in charge of music and making cups for our parfait bar – I took light responsibility since I had such a wild wedding weekend!
Regena’s poppies are beautiful! She’s sharing her seeds, so watch for some of these beauties at our house next Spring!
This weekend was much calmer for us. We had a couple of BBQs, a swimming night, family time, time with friends and actually got out to go to a movie!
Bruce has started sleeping with Adelynn during nap and until we send him to the basement for the night. It’s taken 3 years, but he finally loves her
Speaking of cats… we have a new one. Not intentionally, but because she found us. And surprisingly, Dave is the reason we are keeping her.
This is Betty. She lives outside (and in the garage at night) for now until her ear mites are gone (they are contagious.) And then she will move inside. We aren’t sure of her story, but she is very young and playful. She was skin and bones when she came to us and didn’t know how to use a litter box. Thankfully she has made a great home here.
Ava is 3 months old already! She is constantly complimented on how happy and content she is. She’s a good baby and an awesome sleeper! At night she consistently sleeps 11-12 hours straight without stirring and during the day takes about 4 naps. Most are an hour and one is 3 hours. She laughed out loud at Dave on Saturday – twice! Then again at my Dad that night. It’s not a belly laugh yet, but it’s such a sweet giggle.
The library had a Summer Celebration on Friday. Adelynn did many things and got lots of fun prizes, this is her helping with a volcano.
She was kind of small to do the sack race, but wanted to anyway. So he carried her and helped her “jump” the whole way. He was so sweet. Then we went inside and signed up for the Summer reading program. It’s not really a full summer long when the program is only 10 books… we signed up Friday and we are done now and headed to the library tomorrow to claim our prizes!
Adelynn doesn’t want her to be bored!
It’s rough when you are too big to nap and too little to skip nap. Hope everyone is enjoying their Summer!
Loved the pictures.
ReplyDelete'
What a busy time! Hope it starts to slow down a bit! I liked the pictures!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are all keeping very busy and having fun together! That's a great thing. Pictures always make a post fun!!!
ReplyDelete