This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

8.20.2013

Hey all.

Sorry for my tardiness on this post.  I had auditions this weekend and between those, trying to find another guy to be in the cast and catching up from New York, its been a doozey.

After my birthday, things got a little hectic in my life.  I went to the international convention of my fraternity.  This was in Minneapolis, MN.  I had a great time exploring Minneapolis and getting to know people in my fraternity better.  I was a delegate for the alumni association.  We discussed and voted on many pieces of legislation.  It was fun to get back into the habit of parliamentary procedure.  Hadn't done that since my days at Nebraska Wesleyan.

I then came home for a couple of days (5 to be exact) to catch up and attend my class reunion.  10 years since I graduated high school.  That is hard to believe.  Its always curious to look back at the past and see who we are and see where we've been and how we've developed.  Its true I had a lot of hard times in the past 10 years, but let me tell you, based on some of the people at the reunion, my hard times were a walk in the park.  I reconnected with a lot of people here in Hutchinson.  One of them said I was the only reason they enjoyed any part of the reunion which is awesome.

My next big adventure was my house sitting experience in New York.  As all of you know, Mary and Kurtis went on a major vacation to Australia.  They needed someone to watch the apartment as well as take care of their cats.  So I said yes and had a good time in NYC.  Besides seeing Kinky Boots, Pippin, The Trip to Bountiful and Jersey Boys, I actually got some paid work at the Signature Theatre Company assisting with a video shoot for one of their plays.  It was a big challenge and intimidating.  My job was to black out a swimming pool with a special cloth.  It took longer than was expected and people got nervous that it wasn't going to get done.  That through me for a loop.  But I tried to remain calm and collected.  The bottom line was I did as best as I could.  And I tried to put my best foot forward.  We'll see how that connection goes over in the future.

Because of my work in the video shoot, I was allowed to sit in on rehearsals for the play.  Unfortunately, Grainger got sick and so I was only able to attend one rehearsal.  However, the contact at Signature said that I would be welcome to sit in on any play that I'm allowed to next time I'm in town so that's pretty awesome.

My other gig that I got while I was there was assisting on a NYC Fringe Festival theatre piece.  This was a lot of fun.  I was assisting a K-State graduate who Mary and Kurtis both know.  Tim Aumiller was the director and playwright for this production.  It was a little bit racy and did involve some nudity so that was interesting to be a part of.

And most recently, I auditioned a play that I am directing called Be a Good Little Widow by Bekah Brunstetter on Saturday and Sunday.  I was short a guy in the cast but that problem solved itself last night.  The production, which is being produced by the Hutchinson Theatre Guild, goes into rehearsals tomorrow so I am going to be a busy guy here through the end of September.

On a lighter note, I did decide to go to Andrew and Katie's wedding.  I'll be travelling by train which is always one of my favorite activities.

Best wishes and love to all!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Glad that you are busy again with theater events.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet update Charles. Lots going on! We'll have to catch up soon so I can hear more about NYC...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun Charles! I miss our Subway dinners before orchestra rehearsal in Winfield :-) Best wishes for an awesome show!!! See you in Chicago in October!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.