Hello from the young Johnston family!
When we last wrote, we still had 4 extra cats in our house bringing us to a grand total of 6! We are now back down to our original 2 and that is plenty for us. Having the kittens in our house was a good teaching tool for Adelynn. They also made some great playmates for her and were a constant reminder as to why we love adult cats. Calm, declawed, quiet, adult cats.
We survived the Fair in September (Here’s my top ten favorite things post from the Fair.)
The girls were dressed as Little Bo Peep and her sheep for Halloween this year. Adelynn didn’t know what she wanted to be and my cousin had this lamb costume that her daughter wore. I knew she would let us borrow it and I knew Adelynn would be more than happy to wear a dress, so it made sense.
Dave and I made a quick trip up to KC to go to a friend’s wedding. The wedding ceremony was sweet but the dance was LAME. We were thankful that my long time friend Amee and her husband Nathan were there with us because we always have a good time together.
Adelynn recently started a one morning per week preschool class at Early Ed. We hadn’t really intended to send her for another year, but there’s long waiting lists now, so we were trying to prepare. We found out there was an option that they can start at any time during the year. She gets bored at home I think and this is very good structure for her. She’s doing very well. We have a church friend who is in her class as well.
In the last couple of weeks we have replaced our water heater and we are about done with our bathroom floor. YAY!
Ava has grown an incredible amount in the last month or so. She crawls, goes from crawling to sitting, pulls up, cruises on things, walks with her hands held, prefers to feed herself and can stand alone for a few seconds. She was having rash issues and wasn’t herself for the last couple of weeks. I believe she was teething. Yesterday she was back to being herself - as happy as can be! She loves patty cake and blowing the slobberiest raspberries you’ve ever felt seen! She watched Adelynn’s dance recital on Sunday and enjoyed it.
Speaking of her dance recital… here’s the video :) Adelynn is the fourth from the left. You’ll notice her, I promise! We are so proud of her!! We are looking forward to her big recital in May.
Playing together at Parents As Teachers play group.
The princess dancing with her bear.
This hat was given to Adelynn by Charles. Ava gets to benefit from it as well.
Ava can’t quite make it through church.
It’s so confusing when I say that it will be nice out and then I say that it’s too cold for a short skirt.
Stinker climbed into the laundry basket with the clean diapers.
Adelynn made sure Ava had her turn being the princess.
I made scarves and hair accessories for an event that was cancelled in November due to weather. We will have the event in the Spring, but for now, if you need anything, let me know! Kate has a scarf if you need a reference :)
We have been enjoying the weather while we can!
(Photo by Adelynn)
We are all decorated for Christmas! (Okay… I might still have some Fall stuff on the front porch…)
Adelynn has her own tree again.
Merry Christmas!
Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove the trees!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun pictures! Thanks for sharing them. They tell a great story.
ReplyDelete