This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

3.29.2014

Welcome Gus

Hi everyone,
As I think most of you know I got a puppy at the beginning of February. Winter Moon's Augustus (Gus) is now 17 weeks old and weighs 26.1lbs. He is as tall as Shona and is going to be a BIG dog. His dad was around 100lbs so his breeder estimates he will be between 80-100lbs.

Gus is my service dog candidate meaning hopefully he will be taking over for Shona once he is ready. Shona is now working full time since Benny was diagnosed with epilepsy. She does a nice job but will be ready for retirement when Gus is ready to work. He has a little bitty vest he wears now and has been to one public outing so far.

He is all puppy meaning he is a bundle of energy. Somedays I'd love to give him away as he will not listen. However, most days he is a good boy. He just starting sleeping in bed with Benny and I. Not sure how much Benny appreciates that but I enjoy it. We'll be running out of room as he grows. We are going to puppy class right now and his training is coming along. Although sometimes it appears like he knows nothing. Puppy brains sometimes forget al their knowledge.

Gus, Benny and I live together at my apartment. Shona lives with my parents. So the three of us enjoy spending our time together. We just built a small fence for the boys and that makes potty breaks much easier and more enjoyable for both Benny, Gus and I.

I think that is all I have to update on. Here are a few pictures of Gus:








4 comments:

  1. Glad Gus is settling in and you are enjoying him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He such a cute puppy. And looks like he will never be ornery:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a pretty puppy! Sounds like life is going well. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of Gus! Hope his training keeps going well.
    Love, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.