![]() |
| Rimsky's perch on the back of the couch |
![]() |
| University Interscholastic League Sweepstakes Trophies |
One of the biggest pressures on orchestra directors in Texas is receiving one of these UIL Sweepstakes trophies. As you can see we were able to accomplish that with two of our three orchestras this year! Whew! Each orchestra prepares three concert pieces and also sight-reads a piece. Three judges rate them on stage and three judges rate them in the sight-reading room. The students were so proud (that's really the best part)!
![]() |
| James and co-workers at the Longhorn Run |
James trained with his co-workers for the Longhorn Run, a 5K run through campus. I went along to cheer him on. They had a small group of the Longhorn Band at the start and finish lines to get the runners excited! The cannon that fires at the end of each quarter during the football games was there to start the race. Yeah, James!
![]() |
| The newest BBQ we've tried |
![]() |
| The high school director visiting as we prep for our spring concert |
I don't know if I've ever shown you a picture of the orchestra room at Murchison. This is our varsity orchestra practicing for the spring concert with the Anderson High School director. There really is no room to walk around once all of the students are in there! A good problem to have I guess :-). Our concerts are this coming Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Then one more week of school.
My last day of school is June 6th. James will be in Chicago for a conference at which he is presenting for work. Rimsky and I will be in the car on June 7th on our way to Kansas and then to Chicago (Rimsky's going to stay in KS) to join James. I'll pick up Erik and Samuel on the way through KS and we'll have all the siblings together in Chicago for Andrew's birthday on June 12th!
The last picture is Rimsky getting used to the car. I've been introducing him slowly. He didn't like driving so much so last time I just sat in the parking lot with him and had my morning cup of coffee while he slowly gained the courage to explore.
Just as our days start with Rimsky, they also end with Rimsky. He helps us relax after a long day at work, and keeps us smiling. What a blessing!
Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you. Hope to see you soon! Love, Hannah and James
![]() |
| Rimsky getting used to the car |






Hope to see you when you are in Kansas. Rimsky looks very cute.
ReplyDeleteRimsky looks like an inquisitive cat.
ReplyDeleteGreat update! Rimsky seems to be a really important addition to your family :) Hope the trip to Chicago is a blast!!!
ReplyDeleteHannah,
ReplyDeleteRimsky reminds me of Holly Cat. She use to travel with us before the kids came along. It was always fun!
Love, Aunt Pam