This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

8.31.2014

Chris' Update

August has been something of my free month since the campaign ended at the beginning of the month.

I've been volunteering with the Friends of the Library all summer and I got back in the habit of helping them this month since in the last days of the campaign I had gotten a little out of the habit. I just moves books around and recycle the ones they don't think they can use.

The next task I picked up was working on a rocket to launch (a Chinese Long March 2F)/display, which requires enough detail work that after a month's work it still is only about 2/3rds done.

After that I agreed to help the Reno County Democrats organize their get-out-the-vote efforts. This means wrangling volunteers, teaching them how to do calls, and keeping tack of which voters are persuadable and which just need reminded to turn out. Most of the data has already been handled by the Paul Davis campaign, so I think it's an easy job, but every RCD meeting I've gone to has had them completely fumbling the execution. I'd like to say I'll change that, but after having been "in charge" for a month, I've yet to do any real work because they're constantly sabotaging themselves by putting things off.

Along the way I also agreed to help the new Education Director at the Cosmosphere plan a program for schoolgroups to do, which has largely been what I work on in the evenings. My other evening task has been helping the Reno County Area Transit agency get their routes and services on Google Maps. It's work that started with the campaign and has taken a while to execute, but will hopefully launch this fall.


Then I took a quick trip to California with my high school friend Bismark, where I saw the ocean/San Francisco and then helped him drive a car back to Kansas City. Finally I'll be starting at the Cosmosphere as an employee (working the front desk) this week, which I'll use as an in-between job to support going back to school for a certificate in (probably) machine technology.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting update and activities Chris!
    Love, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you get involved no matter where you are.
    Love Aunt Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.