This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

11.29.2014

Chris' Update

I work, a lot, at the Cosmosphere. I do Dr. Goddard's Lab, the Planetarium, and the Dome (formerly IMAX) theater. Technically I'm box office staff, so I do that a lot too, plus an odd education program here and there. In the in-between time, here are my "hobbies:" (you'll notice that they overlap with work. In philosophy we'd say the two were coextensive).

Rockets: I've completed a flyable model of a Chinese Long March 2F, and used some of my time in the Dome to design a Brazilian VLS, Indian GSLV, and Chinese Kuaizhou. I haven't gotten to build any of these yet but hope to do the VLS in the next month or so.
Relatedly, I get to do a "Coffee at the Cos" presentation on other country's space programs next year!

I don't read and write as much as I used to, but I've got some "forthcoming" posts on my friend's blog about a thought experiment in philosophy that is used to "disprove" hedonism but which I think is silly. They're quite dull reading but I am excited that I've finally gotten around to writing them.

Thanks to a project the Cosmosphere has been working on, I've been drawing in Google Sketchup again. Below is an education space as well as changes I want to talk the Cosmosphere into making to one of their exhibits.

Beside some projects not quite done yet (RCAT is reviewing their Google Maps data, an education program called Mars Rescue is almost done testing), I dove back into scripting this month with two little web apps. Neither is done but they provide good entertainment while I'm at the front desk!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the post Chris especially the 3D movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying the Cos. We still have rocket stuff here if you need anything. :)
    Love, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have found new interests to keep you busy. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.