This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

1.30.2015

Keepin' It Real

Not a lot to report from the Rutherford house this time around. It seems as though we are always working and trying to develop our connections to advance toward the next thing. We get together with friends for drinks and dinner and enjoy a wee bit of time here and there together.

For each of us this has paid off. After going out on tour and getting an IATSE union card, Kurtis has stepped up to a Local 1, Union shop here in the city - Hudson Scenic. He is one of the low men on the totem pole here and the work is coming week by week, but he is enjoying it. Currently building for The Heidi Chronicles and Something's Rotten. If you'd like to see some of the types of things that they work on, take a look here http://www.hudsonscenic.com/.

As for me, Mary, I'm getting ready to start a brand new Broadway show at the beginning of March. It's called Dr. Zhivago - there is a movie made back in the 60s and a novel written much longer ago that this is based on. I'll be working as a dresser, which means that I will get to help set up the show and the track that I am running which is a first for me. Something that I have been itching to do and am terrified to move on to at the same time. I will keep my day work with Jersey Boys as they are my Broadway family from day 1 and will have to give up the work at Aladdin for now. It's an exciting adventure that awaits! 
Other than that, the cats are doing well, the apartment is treating us well and life is good. We are planning a visit back to Hutchinson in February and look forward to seeing most of you!!!

Enjoy a small photo bomb from my phone...






2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new adventures! You will do great!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always interesting to hear what you are doing. I saw Dr Z (can't spell it) when I was a young thing at the Fox Theater. I just remember it being very long, dark and cold! I'm sure yours will be better.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.