This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

3.20.2015

Some notes on being late...

Well, I let the time slip away on a reminder email and here I am posting nearly two weeks late.  But beyond the regular definition of late which would apply here (after the usual or proper time, or after delay), I'm going to use this post as an opportunity to jump off into another definition of late (continued until after the usual time or hour; protracted). 

Most of you know that my hours tend to be off of the regular 9 am to 5 pm work day.  In fact, it is a rare day that I get done before 9:30 pm when I am in production.  And right around the time I was to post on the blog, I started diving in head first to the next production I am helming at the Hutchinson Theatre Guild I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change.  This is a great musical comedy revue that has been super popular around the music theatre circuit for sometime, particularly by regional and smaller professional theatres.  I knew the musical because I saw it at the Manhattan Arts Center in Manhattan (in fact I was asked to do the lights but promptly turned it down due to the horrible condition of their lighting system).  This is a fun show with some great tunes in it.  And it is all about dating, relationships and marriage. 

As with relationships, dating and marriage, there has been a lot of drama with this show.  I often like to say "Save the Drama for your Mama" when working in the theatre because, honestly, there is really no place for all of the wild and crazy stuff that happens when people bring their personal drama into the theatre.  Unfortunately, people have not been as good about making sure this doesn't happen.  Usually, I have this problem in the cast.  In this particular instance, it has been from my music director (who I have subsequently let go) and my stage manager (who confessed two nights ago that he is an alcoholic).  It has made for some very trying circumstances.  This is complicated by the fact that I have some people with very complex schedules so I don't have a lot of tolerance for crazy in my rehearsals.

But, I would be telling you a lie if I were to say that I'm not loving every second of rehearsals.  The cast (especially my women) are crazy talented which is making the show so much fun.  The dates for ILYYPNC are April 23 to 26 and April 30 to May 3.  Performances are Thursday - Saturday at 7:30 pm and Sunday at 2:00 pm. I would make sure to get tickets in advance on this one.  You can do so now online at hutchtheatre.com or at Apron Strings beginning April 2nd. 

Outside of the theatre, I continue to enjoy getting together with Grandma and Grandpa about every week (sometimes twice if I can swing it) and hanging out with other family members in town.  Grandpa and I went to the NJCAA tournament games on Tuesday afternoon and Grandma and I had our hands full yesterday babysitting Kinley and Olivia.  I don't get quite as much time as I would like during productions with Mom and Dad.  But Mom and I should have a day next week during her Spring Break when we can do something fun.  And Dad and I are going to the NJCAA tournament games on Saturday night.

So all in all, things continue to progress and live moves forward.  Much love to all.  And enjoy spring as it arrives over the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the musical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great things in the theatre. Keep it up!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to the next production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.