My update is a little belated both because I'm still a workaholic and because Theresa and I have been traveling. First up is one major work project, Apollo 13 Redux.
The program was a big success, with coverage in the HutchNews since we had some original Apollo 13 VIPs and it was during our big fundraising event. Grandma and Grandpa kindly hosted me in their basement for a number of days to complete the below "prop." (A 3/4 scale version of the docking probe used to join the Apollo Command Module and Lunar Module).
I still have tons of work to do, including the last 5 hours where I've been tinkering with our schools database to get some data we need for a grant. The enjoyable parts should be finishing a Van de Graaff generator to make insane amounts of static electricity and figuring out how we'll make a rainbow in Dr. Goddard's Lab.
Theresa and I just got back from her friend's wedding in Colorado. Soon we'll be moving to a new apartment so that'll keep us busy as well. While in Denver we went to 5 different bookstores, but I only bought 1 book.
Sadly it wasn't this book, but I have talked Theresa into going around with me and taking pictures of elevators and silos—then we're going to replace them with rockets and pictures of people from old magazines. Below is one of our first starting images.
There's a windmill hidden in that picture. We'll replace it with a rocket soon, but since all art is subjective I'm just calling it crafting.



Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Pam