Officially, I'm two days late with this post--sorry all!
I guess work is a large part of what kept me procrastinating on this. The last time I posted this, I was probably also late because I was enjoying work. This time not so much. Life in the Education department is tense. We've begun HR proceedings against our boss for what essentially amounts to bullying. So our CEO decided to talk to her on Friday (yay-ish!) before he left for Korea for a week (wait, what?). That leaves us with at least another week of limbo, during which time our boss thinks we hate her as a human being (not necessarily true, we just don't think we can work with her because she's a bully) but still is working with us. Laurie found some depressing statistics about how often the victims of workplace bullying leave and not the bully, but I'm hoping to bend those the other way in this case. Unfortunately that means a long, tense wait.
This is compounded by the continuing work we have to do, so I've been spending most of my time working on a Van de Graaff generator which will make insane amounts of static electricity in a visually impressive fashion. You can read all over the internet how you can basically slap this thing together out of anything. I haven't found that to be true. Very frustrating.
Theresa is still doing poorly--her stomach/appendix has been on the fritz recently causing her a lot of pain and downtime. Doctor's appointments haven't been too helpful and even been lost in paperwork so the one we had the most hope for ended up not being scheduled at all. We're keeping at it though because that's what we do.
Sorry to hear of the work problems! That is never fun! Hope Theresa can feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Pam
Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI hope the work place improves and something can be found to help Theresa.
ReplyDeleteSending lots of positive vibes your way! Sounds like you are having a very serious fall.
ReplyDelete