Happy New Year everyone!
This last year was a year of growth.
I am proud to say that I went all of 2015 without being in the psych ward or treatment and this is quite an accomplishment. I had a lot of help from all of you, friends, Gus and the dogs and my treatment team but I am very proud of myself. As I move into the New Year I am starting EMDR therapy which is a very intense process that involves recalling trauma memories. I anticipate things might get a little rocky so I'm celebrating this victory while I can. We've also been working with my medication and that is always dicey so things in my world may get a little rough for awhile. But I'm ready for it. I've needed this time of stability in order to face these next hard steps of healing and moving forward. I can't fully recover until I face all of my past and it's time to do that now.
I am excited to say I will be celebrating five years outside of treatment in February. I arrived home from The Center for Change in February of 2011 and have managed to remain in recovery for my eating disorder so I am excited to celebrate. We are planning on going to Hatch Studios which for those who do not know is a place in Hutchinson where you can go and they will help you paint a picture. You are all invited!
Of course the big news in The Givan world is that Chris is engaged! I'll let him tell the story but I'm very excited we will be adding Theresa to the family. I've always wanted a sister and she already considers me one so I'm loving that she'll be around permanently. We have been having Harry Potter movie nights and making Chris sit through them (she started them and has invited me to the last couple) with us and it's been lots of fun. We just have the two parts of 7 left.
I'm continuing to love my little house with Brutus (the cat), Shona and Gus living with me. Benny has moved to stay with the parents for more consistency and to live where there is no cat. Surprisingly seizure Benny does not do well with cats. I see him almost everyday though and he is very happy. Gus is Gus and is going through a rebellious teenager stage but he still works well on vest. We'll take his public access test sometime this spring I believe.
I believe that's all that's new in my world. I'm looking forward to the new year even though thinks could be challenging at times. I hope you are all looking forward to your 2016 as well.
- Kate and the dogs (plus one cat)
Kate,
ReplyDeleteWe will pray for good results in the changes that are coming! Thanks for the update.
Love, Aunt Pam
It was so great to see you and your place while we were in Kansas! Congratulations on your continued recovery! You also have our prayers for the challenges ahead.
ReplyDeleteHooray!!! Many big hugs and congratulations on your accomplishments this year! Sending love and support for the next steps.
ReplyDeleteIt is a time to celebrate! Hatch Studios sounds fun too. Lots of support as you head into this next phase!
ReplyDelete