My, what a long winter!! January and February brought lots of cold weather and some snow here. In January, we went to New York to visit Mary, Kurtis, and Aurora. Of course, we were there on one of the coldest days(-10 or so). The restaurant we were in was even cold as you can see from Aurora's hat!
Randy ended up being home for about 3 weeks in February so we were able to get Mary's room back together as well as the main downstairs areas. He is now out again with consulting and traveling.
I have been helping with CSI's at Dillon Nature Center and have even been the one who killed the animal unknowingly - Ha! We also enjoyed all the grandchildren - they are sure growing and getting more involved in activities. It's fun to be with all of them!!
Perhaps the most unique and unsettling event that happened was last week a bat arrived in our bedroom much to my dismay. Of course, I was the only one home! The next morning I had the bug man come and take the little critter away. Luckily I was able to find it at the top of the attic stairs hanging on a window sill.
Here are some of the pictures of our events.
 |
Mary's old room with new sheet rock.
|
 |
| Mary's room finished. |
 |
| Aurora playing with Grandma's shoes. |
 |
| Grandpa and Aurora up to mischief. |
 |
| Grandma, Aurora, Grandpa |
 |
| We went to a fun play place with lots of fun trucks to play with. |
 |
| Kurtis, Mary, Aurora |
 |
| 6 inches of snow!! |
 |
| Emily's teacup chocolate birthday cake. We delivered it to her as Sarah's family was sick for 20 days straight with someone down with influenza, strep, stomach bug...… :( |
 |
| Here is the bat. Pretty big in my eyes. I'd say at least 3-4 inches long! |
Neat birthday cake. Always enjoy the pictures too so we can see how
ReplyDeletemuch the great grand children are growing . Grandma
Love the teapot cake. I really need to get you a cooler to gather road kill in for your Dillon Nature Gig.
ReplyDeleteLove the cake
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! I love getting to see what's going on.
ReplyDelete