This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

4.01.2011

Sorry

Well, first off sorry for this being so late. Spring break started out well with Andrew coming home. It wasn't for long but we had fun. Monday night my band opened for some other bands in the Wichita area. It went well. For our last song we covered Sloop John B. Then once Andy left I, well my body, decided that it was time to catch up on sleep. First day I wake up and I thought it was around 10 but I go downstairs for breakfast to find that it is actually almost 3. I played Ultimate over the break, slept, and just thoroughly enjoyed doing anything or nothing at all. On the subject of Ultimate our team sent in a bid earlier for the National tournament in May for the Midwest region, somehow it's in Oregon, and today we found out that we got our bid so now we just have to take care of transportation. We had our orchestra concert which was really cool because we played a mix of phantom pieces, and East has a pipe organ. So, we got used the organ for the phantom theme. There's a video on Facebook I believe. It started with the curtains shut so we could set up and turn the smoke machines and lights on. Then we played that first note and it all went into motion and was just amazing. Yesterday we played at city festival and got straight 1's as usual. Later on in the month of April I believe, Tri-m is holding a benefit concert so some friends and I are putting together the song Foreplay/Long Time by Boston. So far it sounds awesome! Other than that not much has happened. Sorry for this being short and late.

-Samuel

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear what you are doing. I would really like to hear your band sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa and I enjoyed the Phantom music on Tuesday too.
    We are hoping to come to church sometime when your
    praise band plays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samuel,
    The phantom piece was really great on Tuesday! Keep up the good work on your band. I'd love to hear you play sometime soon.
    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! (music and ultimate). Will you fundraise for Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. better late than not at all...she says as she is just now reading this.... fun to hear what's up with you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.