Family -
Sorry its taken so long for me to get my post going. I've been having bad luck with allergies and medicine. But looks like all is on the mend now.
So, I've been quite busy since school ended. Unfortunately, because of some illness in the spring semester I have some incomplete work to finish up. I'm hoping to be free and clear of that nonsense by July 1.
So let me give you a brief idea of what my life has been since the 1st of May. Last day of classes for me was on the 6th of May. I went to Sarah's masters graduation on May 13th in Hays. Then to Manhattan on May 14th to see David graduate from college. Then on a plane to Orlando at 3:45 that afternoon. Goof off on Sunday at the Islands of Adventure, including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and some delicious Butterbeer to boot (not actually beer but basically cream soda with some butterscotch and cream - delicious). Monday I was on my own after Dad and Bob flew the coop. It was onto Epcot that evening and the Magic Kingdom the next day. Then came Wednesday 17th of May and back home to Wichita to see Erik's graduation. Then homeward to do some miscellaneous work before heading out to Denver on May 31st. I arrived back from visiting Lexi Warden - a friend of mine on June 3rd. Family reunion on 4th of June and I have been busily accomplishing this and that since.
Next travel is to a 24 hour play festival in Topeka. Basically, everyone shows up at 8 on Friday (this Friday - tomorrow) to be exact. We introduce ourselves. The actors take a picture and lay the props that they brought on the stage. The actors, directors and technicians go to bed while the playwrights write 10 minute plays. I arrive at 8 am to be given a play to direct. I spend 1 hour with the play reading and conceptualizing. Actors arrive a 9 am and first rehearsal starts at 9:30. The actors and directors rehearse through the day. The technicians do any preparations they need to do and then at 5:30 (after many rehearsal hours and lunch) we meet to do a dress rehearsal. Curtain up at 7:00 pm and we are done by 8 pm on Saturday. Its an AWESOME experience and I am doing that tomorrow June 17th and Saturday, June 18th with Ad Astra Theatre Company in Topeka. Should be great and a highlight of my summer.
Train trip is upcoming July 5th and then comes the celebration of my birthday (and Uncle Tim's) on the 19th of July.
Its going to be a whirlwind of a summer.
Love to all.
Charles
Thanks for the update Chas. Have fun in Topeka and be safe.
ReplyDeleteThe play experience in Topeka sounds awesome! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI agree about Topeka, sounds like a blast. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteFun, Charles!!! It sounds like the play experience was exciting and I'm certainly jealous of all your wonderful traveling. It was great to spend time with you and I'm looking forward to more in July!
ReplyDelete