This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

5.27.2012

Summer for Chris

I'll make this update quick.

My third year at Westminster ended May 3rd with a quick surrey ride up to class to finish up my ethics of genetic modification final. The surrey has no gears and is definitely not optimized for riding up hills. It was a tough ride.

I hung around for graduation, wished my friends well, then got out of there a couple of days later. I was ready to get out of the craziness...which is why I started my job on the 7th of May with the first camp of the summer. I've worked with one school group each week I've been home. I'm on a break now but regular camps start up the first week of June. It's a good job and I love it, plus the other counselors seem better than last year's (not to mention that I've gotten one to agree to go road biking with me and another two mountain bike).

My other plans for the summer are grad school hunting (UNC-Chapel Hill is sort of my 'dream' program right now), submitting a paper I wrote for that ethics of genetic modification class to an undergrad journal, writing another paper for a conference in Columbia Missouri this fall, and plenty of bike riding. It should be a good one.
One of the loves of my life with new tires and handlebar tape



2 comments:

  1. Nice! Happy bike ridding to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the surrey. Wish I could ride but it would have
    to be down hill all the way!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.