This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

6.17.2012

Happy Summer!

We have been staying consistently busy lately, but I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is that has been keeping us occupied.

We have been in town for a year already! Some days it feel like we just got here, and other feel like we have been here all along. When we look at the home improvement we have done, it is nice to see the progress we have made. But, in being at home the majority of the time, I often see all the things that are left to accomplish… and because of Pinterest, I get too many ideas for things to create.

The biggest adjustment going on lately is the little people who have been running around my house on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Sadly, their time is up and they moved to KC this last week. Thankfully, their Dad got a job at the same church as their Mom so they won’t have to split up their Sundays. We are really going to miss them but the opportunity was a good one. Adelynn still talks about Willa everyday. One of the last things Willa said to her was “You’re my best friend.” It broke my heart a little to see one of her first friends leave.

photo (17)

photo (18)

photo (19)

We have been cleaning my stuff out my parent’s house over the last couple of weeks. There was a garage sale at the church yesterday to raise money for the youth to go to Bolivia later this Summer. Since my Dad saw that opportunity, we spent some time in my old room cleaning it out. We also packed up our own garage sale boxes and took it all to the church. It made everyone happy to have it done, including Adelynn. She benefitted from the new toys. She was hilarious - with the Furby and the Lincoln Logs specifically. We haven’t showed her all the old toys, but she calls the Furbys “owls”, she calls the Lincoln Logs “barrels” and she has completely fallen in love with a toy fire truck. This experience has also made us feel old.

photo (20)

If you follow my blog you will see that I have had a few projects lately. One was these curtains
photo (3)

and you can read about the bathroom project here.

photo (25)

photo (23)
Adelynn got TOMS! I’m slightly jealous as I am the only family member without any.

photo (22)
Happy Father’s Day and Happy Summer!!photo (21)

5 comments:

  1. Cassi,
    It is always good to read your posts and see the fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to see your creative ideas. Gives me ideas of my own! Cute pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. I'll bet Adelynn misses her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Adelynn's Toms! Have been thinking about a pair myself...

    Thanks for all the photos and update - I love that you all have a lovely family life together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are great. I like the first one of Adelyn in the box and the concentration on her face while working on the fire truck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.