We have had quite the wild time over the last month and a half. We had major car issues complete with good news, bad news, and repeat. Our new car will be here in February! We had issues with our new refrigerator, and thanks to some creativity on my Dad’s part, it now fits beautifully in our kitchen. Our Christmas cards disappeared after FedEx reported they had been delivered, only to show up for the first time a week later. After dealing with FedEx and Shutterfly more than I ever care to again, we now have double the Christmas cards! Our water filter was out just in time for the new fridge, and now it is working splendidly. We all took our turns being sick. Adelynn had bronchits, a round of fever and another few days of a cold. Dave got a stomach bug, a nasty sinus thing that finally cleared up (yay, neti pot!) and I had junk a couple of times. My fluid levels were too low with this pregnancy and I had to go back and get them re-checked. That was a long month of waiting, but thankfully, it is all on track now. Everything has worked out for the best, although Bella’s teeth grinding still remains a mystery. Whew! We are looking forward to a New Year!
Dave is enjoying playing basketball again now that the season has started. It was great to have a 4 day weekend with him and we are looking forward to another one this weekend. I am currently working on the Christmas Hangover that has invaded our house and planning to get ready to move and refinish furniture for the baby’s room. This also means that Adelynn gets her new bed, which she knows and keeps asking about… however, after all the car and Christmas festivities, I can say that for the first time in my life, I’m actually dreading shopping, but she needs a bed. We are also trying to come up with a baby girl’s name since we have a boy’s picked out. 9Suggestions welcome!)
Adelynn is lively as ever. On a regular day she will be found in her tutu, carrying her Snoopy and doctor kit, giving check ups and talking up a storm. (My ears are worn out when Dave gets home) She’s been wearing us out with all the activity jumping we have been doing while playing with all the new Christmas toys. My house is still a disaster because of all the playing. It does not bother me like it normally would since I know my time is being better spent :)
I’ve kind of failed on the blogging front lately, but there’s always a good dose of Adelynnisms to keep us laughing out loud (and sometimes stifling it)!
Here’s some pictures:
Remember last year’s visit to Santa? It wasn’t very fun.
This year’s visit was much better! (Complete with more hair!)
Happy New Year!
Sounds like your last month of 2012 has been very eventful and just think what all is to come in 2013! Glad Adelynn enjoyed Santa more this year.
ReplyDeleteShe looks so cute visiting Santa. And she does have so much hair! I can't believe how much she has grown. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update and pictures. I'm so glad she liked Santa. Dave was still crying at her age and at age 4. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Lots happening in the young Johnston household. No surprise there as lots of change is around the corner!!! (baby girl name: Ema or Joy)
ReplyDelete