This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

10.02.2015

Making Fall Special

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all well. I have a few updates about my the house at 616 and myself and it's animal occupants.

It's fall which is kind of an odd conundrum for me. I love the season itself and all that goes with it (including my birthday) but I have a lot of bad memories associated with this time of year. I've done some things this year to make it more fun. I have decorated my house a bit and have enjoyed doing that. I hopefully can collect some more decorations each year as I picked up just a few for this year and had a few from my previous homes as well. It's nice to have my own place to decorate. Gus is going to be a pumpkin for Halloween. I will be handing out treats at my friend Adam's house so Cassi if you and the girls have time on Halloween be sure to stop by!

I'm also looking forward to The Givan Family's annual outing to Gadert's farm to pick our pumpkins from the field. Also I'm hoping for several trips to Polk's in my future for Apple Cider Slushes.

Of course in the fall there is the fair and Gus and I had a great time attending with Grandma, Grandpa, Mama, Papa, Charles, Sarah and the girls, Chris and Theresa all at various times over the week and a half. Gus had a great interaction with Oscar the robot who does great service dog education and met Clyde the dalmatian who rides around with the budweiser clydesdales. He was a bit of a rude dog so it's a good thing Gus is so easy going.

I'm also still riding horses out at Reigns of Hope and am loving that. Gus loves it too because he sits with Grandma and everyone pets him since he goes off vest. He just waits for people to come. I think it's the highlight of his week. Poor Grandma though - Gus attracts the people which means she gets to entertain them as well.

BUT the most exciting news at my house is the addition of Brutus the cat. Brutus is a 2 year old marble tabby that I acquired from the shelter. He previously lived in a home with five other cats. He loves attention but is very, very cautious of dogs. This was not helped by Benny who on day three chased Brutus and gave him quite a fright. Brutus currently lives in my backroom and comes out at night to roam. He is free to come out anytime but he's not quite ready after his and Benny's encounter. Eventually it will happen.

I've never had a cat. The family has had cats but I've never had much to do with them and I'm finding Brutus to be very interesting. He's very different from a dog. But he does like me so that's good. My birthday list has cat things on it which I do find a tad alarming. But he's a very nice kitty. He's settled in now (minus not leaving his room) so if you want to come visit him you are welcome!

Here are a few pictures from the fair and quite a few pictures of Brutus:

Meeting Oscar for the second year. Oscar was great with Gus and Gus handled it wonderfully. 

Sparrow (my friend Alicia's SD) and Gus were in the paper with this picture! 



Waiting with Sparrow at the Old Time Picture Booth 

Gus and I are Farmers
Co-Existing with Gus before the Benny incident 

Cats are much harder to take selfies with than dogs

First night home

"I am a tiny human"

Brutus has a hidey hole inside my book turner

He loves to have his belly rubbed. 

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.