This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

10.24.2015

Welcome, Fall!

Hello All!

Fall is my FAVORITE time of year. I wish it would last so much longer than it does. I’ve been known to put up Fall decor as early as the first day of school. This year I was feeling sick to my stomach and pretty exhausted, so I didn’t get it done until late September… probably the longest I have ever waited!

August was rough for us as we had to say goodbye to Bruce. We still think about him a lot and I still miss him, especially in the evenings which is when he would demand to be petted, and I miss him anytime we open a crinkly bag. When he lived with me and my parents, my dad would eat cheese curls and Bruce would wait patiently to lick his fingers when he was done. So, that taught him to come running when he heard a bag open. As he got older, he became much less patient and he would just lick the seasoning straight off of your face!
10346273_10206909332510338_724056936042432219_n

Steve has been a great addition to our family. We have had him two weeks and he reminds us a lot of Bruce. He looks like him and has a similar personality. Once he learns to be nicer to Bella, that will help us out. They are getting there though. He just has to learn that she doesn’t want to play all the time. He has a lot of dog-like characteristics, and seems to really like Dave. He wags his tail when he is happy, and he chases balls if you throw them. He is such a big boy! If you notice in the picture below, when he is stretched out, he is as long as my legs! He is only 1.5 years old. His meow sounds like a very loud kitten, which is funny because he is so big.
IMG_5826IMG_5936IMG_5888

Adelynn started her last year of preschool this September! She loves it. She will be the first to tell you how much she loves her teachers and the jobs they get to have. She loves show & tell and playing in the sandbox. She talks about the friends she is making and one of her church friends is in her class too. She always tells us what the snack was that day and which kid had to stay inside for a few minutes. I especially liked it when she said “Riley had to stay inside today.” (Riley has to stay inside often.) And she continued: “But Connor had to stay inside today too, so she had some company.” Oh, Adelynn. Always the optimist. IMG_5443

Dave worked at the Fair again this year. Here are some pictures from the Fair:
 IMG_5544
Train waving.
IMG_5549
IMG_5547
Ava’s dream come true.
IMG_5546IMG_5577IMG_5554IMG_5580

We have been excited about baby #3! The girls have too. I’m feeling much better. I hadn’t been feeling well anyway, and in addition to strep and severe allergies, there were a couple of rough months! I’m still tired and easily worn out, but it’s manageable :) I’m 16 weeks today. We will find out the gender this time, so that will be a fun change of pace since we haven’t found out before. We will let you know at Thanksgiving since that is the week we find out!
 IMG_5788

I’m in the beginning stages of planning our IF: Gathering again this year. IF is a women’s conference that is so much more than a weekend women’s gathering. We hosted one last year, which was the second year they did it. This year, their 2,700 seat arena sold out in 4 minutes!! They are Austin, but they live stream it out and - literally - women all over the world are watching. We are considering a bigger event this year that is more of a community event instead of a church hosted event, so it will be a challenge, but a challenge I’m up for! :)

As always, Ava keeps us busy and laughing. Here are some of her adventures:

IMG_5606
Getting into Nana’s lipstick.
IMG_5987
Not happy about waiting on the blankie to be washed. We finally just gave it to her soaking wet and that was all she needed!
IMG_5701
She put on her goggles before killing flies. She is the fly whisperer. No joke. She kills every one she goes after. Most often with her hands!
IMG_5991
And then there was the night that Dave put her to bed and thought she was sleeping, but she had actually gone into the bathroom to give herself a haircut. (I was at a meeting). Her room is right across from the bathroom, so if she is sneaky – which is always – you don’t know she is in there. She walked out to the living room with the scissors in one hand and her hair in the other. Oh, Ava. I’m still not sure how we are going to fix it, but I’ll hopefully get some help with it this week! (Her hair was all the same length before).
IMG_5990

IMG_5590  IMG_5637  IMG_5759     IMG_5848    IMG_5966 IMG_5977 IMG_5980 IMG_5841  

Happy Fall!

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! We will be anxiously waiting for the gender report at Thanksgiving time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always such great pictures! You didn't mention the dog. Is he still around or was he having trouble adjusting? Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had to go back. We gave it our best shot, but he was really not cut out to be around kids. I bawled my eyes out when I had to take him back, but the shelter did a great job of not wanting us to feel any guilt since we had called them and talked to them prior about him as we were struggling. He moved to Wayside Waifs, which is a no kill shelter in KC. He isn't on their website, and we are hoping it's because he was already adopted! So, we learned from the experience too and we have our application in for a dog named Penny in the Lucky Dog Program. https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/33511467

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.