This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

6.21.2011

A ripple from the Rivers

Playing with Adelynn&Kate &Dad at he reunion.
Where did the last few months go?!?  Olivia is already 7 months old.  Sarah has adjusted to being at home and is still enjoying it!  I will admit there are some days that I escape out the door for a few while Dan and Olivia get some dad and daughter time.  I'm still making it to the Y twice a week (excellent stress relief).  The summer is in full swing.  This week is VBS--Olivia will spend it in the nursery while I teach 3rd grade.  We've been to library storytime and will go again soon.  We plan to hit the pool a little more frequently, but there have been so many thunderstorms in the past few weeks that it has been a bit challenging.  We have tested out the wading pool in our backyard as well as played in a bowl of water.  I continue to watch Xander on Monday and Tuesday--by the end of those days I'm pooped!  I may also have a private OT client this summer and possibly horn lessons.  I continue to work one Saturday a month at ViaChristi Rehab and have picked up a few other days here and there.  Keeps me sharp! 
Dan is busy keeping the website for KWCH looking fresh.  He's gotten his Droid app approved and is finishing up getting his iphone app approved.  If you have these smartphone devices--check it out!  Dan has played bass for church and has been getting the itch to play more.  He's been hard at work on a brick patio of sorts just off our deck. 
Brisco has been busy trying to keep track of Olivia and Xander and Dan and I.  Some days he flops down at the end of the day and just lays there.  He still puts himself to bed around 9pm, hates thunderstorms, and loves to have treats.  Some days he opts for a walk and others he just looks at me and stays in.
Olivia has discovered that rolling can get her places.  She is a solid sitter and loves to sit and play with toys, especially the ring stacker and things that she can bang.  She's had a little stranger danger in the past week, but most of the time is happy and smiling!  Olivia likes listening to music, looking at books, and playing with her toys. 


Guitar!


Add caption

Resting with Grandma after a swim.


Visiting Great-Grandpa










You can keep up with our current adventures at: theriverscurrent.blogspot.com  I am trying to be better about keeping it a little more up to date.  Sometimes there are some saved posts that make appearances out of order!  :)

In Manhattan

Playing at Exploration Place

4 comments:

  1. It seems summer is in full swing. The pictures really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the app that Dan is working on? We'll look it up! Also, the photos are super adorable. Lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good pictures Sarah! Your family is busy but don't forget to slow down a bit and enjoy each other! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all the pictures Sarah. It is always nice to keep up with what is happening.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.