This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

9.18.2011

At the Fair

Our blog slot came around fast this time. So not much has happened! We have been very busy this week with the fair. Together we worked over 55 hours in 6 days time. We barely saw each other or Adelynn and we are glad the work is over! We went for fun today… well two of us went for fun, one of us was dragged and ended up having sore gums a good portion of the time. That was until we got a freebie to chew on!

Here’s a photo recap:

DSC_3190

DSC_3192

She was interested in all of the animals

DSC_3188

DSC_3195

She has now says “Go!” when she sees a goat.

DSC_3196

DSC_3197

I had a traumatic experience with a goat as a child. When I was 8, one little one chewed on my jacket string and I tried to get it back from him. I tugged so hard and he held on so tight that I lifted him off the ground while he clenched on to my string! Then he kept following me around! So I am glad Adelynn likes them Smile

DSC_3198

Really overcast today

DSC_3199

Riding the train was a traumatic 8 minute experience. This picture breaks my heart all over again… Sad smile

DSC_3204

DSC_3210

DSC_3206

DSC_3207

Fried Cookie Dough!! We had this twice during the week. Yum. The picture itself makes my mouth water.

DSC_3211

DSC_3213

We just finished our load of Fair work laundry. No more grease/fish smell. So we are all done! It’s a really good feeling.

In our personal lives things are going along just the same. Dave is working and enjoying it, plus fixing many computers on the side. He still has time for family and video games. He just started doing technology work for both SHMC and Journey. He runs sounds about every 5th Sunday at SHMC. He’s also excited that we got our car back this week, and that she was waxed and cleaned inside, YAY!

I am still working for Rachel and she keeps me busy. Besides singing in the praise team at church, I was asked to help with a decorating committee at church. I look forward to decorating the sanctuary each time we start a new sermon series. I also was asked to help be in charge of the nursery. I am doing that with the Children’s Pastor and with my cousin Megan, so it should be pretty painless.

Dave and I are having a meeting next weekend with our Associate Pastor, Eric and his wife Karmen (he is the one who officiated our wedding ceremony and she was the pregnant one who played violin and sang). We are going to start up a Young Marrieds Cell Group in our church – with us hosting it. That is something we are both looking forward to – so keep us in your prayers!

Bruce and Bella are also doing just fine. They play together and give each other a hard time. Bruce spends most of the day laying on our bed and getting on Bella’s nerves when he’s awake. Bella spends most of the day trying to bolt out the front door, looking out the window, watching for an open lap or walking around meowing and acting lost. She also comes when Adelynn calls “Luh luh!”

Last but not least, Adelynn. She’s naming several body parts and can do several animal sounds. She’s starting to repeat words and will usually say a word if you ask her to. She still signs some, and says some words too. She always has been, and continues to be, a fantastic communicator. She does a great job engaging in conversation and even starts conversation sometimes! She listens well – and more than just to words, but to voice inflections. She can always tell when we are about to leave other people, just by the way we start to wrap up conversation. She usually helps us end things by waving ‘goodbye’. She waves at strangers and blows them kisses. Everyone gets tickled by her and blows them back.

We had a real conversation for the first time today. She was having trouble with a toy and she said “Uh oh!” I said “It’s not working very well, is it?” (not expecting her to say anything – because she never has!) and without skipping a beat she says “No.” !!! Dave and I were both just shocked. We just stared at each other and laughed in amazement.

I think that is all I know for now. It is bedtime for me! Everyone have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. Hip hip hooray!!! Love catching up and even though the time has gone by quickly it sounds like a lot has changed and advanced with you all since your last post on the Kinast Connection. Love to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures again. Glad Adelynn liked most of the fair. I'll have to try the fried cookie dough next year. It sounds like you guys are really getting settled into church life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The train will have to be tried again...the poor eyes WERE heartbreaking. :) Glad you are closer so we can enjoy seeing you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.