This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

12.20.2011

Almost 2012

It looks like this could be the last post of 2011! Where did this wild year go? We have had so many personal ups and downs, learning opportunities and reflection time. We have come so far in this year alone and even life’s events right now are no exception. At this moment, my Grandpa is clinging to life in the hospital. He has gone from good to bad in minutes, then right back up again, shocking doctors. Brain bleeds have started and stopped simply miraculously. Saying goodbye to someone who has lived a long, fulfilling life, complete with a romantic 66 year marriage, should give a person many words to say. But in moments like that, words tend to leave the mind. On Wednesday, we truly believed he had hours to live. We all said our goodbyes. Before I walked into that room to tell him goodbye, I could think of all the things I wanted to talk to him about. I wanted to tell him how awesome Heaven is going to be, what a good job we are going to do taking care of my Grandma and that it is really okay to go ahead and go. But as soon as I walked in, words escaped me. The poorly constructed sentences I blurted, paled in comparison to the thoughtful words I had formed perfectly in the waiting area. I found myself standing over his still, peaceful body, choking back tears and trying to put syllables together. I knew what I really meant and what I truly wanted to say, but when a soon-to-be-widow of 66 years is sitting there listening with tears quietly falling down her cheeks, and a supportive husband’s hand comforts heaving shoulders, the silence is almost too loud to think. That was definitely the most real and profound moment of the year. Life is short, so tell those around you that you love them and do it as often as you can.

DSC_4145
All is Calm…

On a happier note, this year has also been a year of miracles. Mainly recently, off the top of my head I can think of 3 that have occurred in our lives since September. The power of prayer has been so real to us this year.

Every day this year has been a learning experience. We are learning to parent a toddler, balance money in a new way, balance time, re-divide responsibilities, balance family and friends and knowing when we need to have time for just ourselves. We are beginning to look ahead to the future; from our future family, to future home projects, to vacations, to the next new dinner recipe. We are learning to look to the past and have fond memories of it, and maybe not so fond memories, but they all were the ones that brought us to this place. We are relishing the present – as always. We enjoy our evenings together and our short weekends as a family. We are gaining new responsibilities – which means Adelynn is gaining learning opportunities. We are making new friends – which means Adelynn is doing the same.

Sorry for the somberness of this post, this is an unusual time for us right now.

However, we enjoyed Christmas with everyone! I found one picture on my camera.
DSC_4149

Our camera broke right when we got to Grandma and Grandpa’s house. It’s just my luck that way, I always forget my camera, and the one time I am proud for remembering it, it breaks. Moral of that paragraph: I really am the reason we can’t have nice things!

In honor of the Christmas spirit, I have included some pictures from the Parents As Teachers Christmas party!

DSC_4035DSC_4039

Sniffing the holiday scented cotton balls. Cinnamon, Peppermint, Gingerbread, etc.

DSC_4032DSC_4037DSC_4031DSC_4034
Riding the “Sleigh” with Leyton. He’s a buddy from play group. You can’t tell from the pictures, but she had fun and would been a passenger the whole evening!
DSC_4020DSC_4007
Playing in the “snow”.
DSC_4058DSC_4047
It was pretty fun!
DSC_4043
She was very concerned and had to make sure she cleaned up any of the “snow” that fell out Smile
DSC_4062
Then she had a cookie while we stood in line to see Santa.
DSC_4064
Santa was not a favorite… not even Mrs. Clause!
DSC_4066
But she was safe once again Smile
DSC_4069

Have a Merry Christmas!! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Adelynn is at such a neat age-things are new, exciting (well sometimes) and she is discovering new things all the time. Glad you are back in town so we can be a part of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. And looks like the cousins both felt the same way about Santa this year. :) Perhaps next will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us Cassi. Even the sad memories need to be shared sometimes. I know that you all are growing as people and as a family and it's delightful to get to be a small part of that!

    Love to everyone this Christmas season!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.