This blog has been created by and for the Kinast Family. As we begin to grow and branch out, we thought it might be fun to create a place where we could learn and share about one another. In this blog, you will hear stories about funny situations we have been in, current status on family, things that have helped us to grow as people and other positive impacts that we have each experienced in our lives. So, sit back, take a few moments to relax, and learn about those you love who will always love and support you in your life...

12.05.2011

Happy Holidays




Today it was 26 degrees with a wind chill of 6 degrees so it really feels like winter has arrived.
I thought it might be a good day to finish my shopping and it was quite pleasant. Seems like most people decided it was too cold to be out so the crowds were very slim. No pushing or shoving to get to the sales. One could move at your own pace and not have to hurry.
Grandpa worked at the Friends Shop and he saw very few customers too.


Not a lot has happened here this past week since the bus trip to Austin. I think the saying no
news is good news does apply sooo.... I am sending a few trivia questions and maybe a couple more pictures if I am lucky enough to get them in!!

1. Who was the name of Scrooge's dead business partner?

2. What Christmas food is made from "marsh-whorts"?

3. In which author's novel is it "always winter but never Christmas"?

4. Who wrote the poem, "The Cultivation of Christmas Trees"?

(maybe more pictures next time, I think I need another lesson on how to )


5 comments:

  1. I failed miserably at the Christmas trivia. However, I do know that C.S. Lewis is the author of #3.
    David and I need to bring the wedding video to you soon, maybe then I can show you my secret to quick and painless photo uploading! (Have you ever seen one of my Photo Dump posts? They really don't take very long!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the trivia. I will have to google all of them though to find answers. You took a picture of my favorite bear and I've always loved the Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of Santa and the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking...#1 is Marley, #2--I have not a clue. #3-CS Lewis!, #4--again no clue. Love Santa! :) We enjoyed our time with you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe number one is a trick question as I think that it was Jacob and Marley... #2 I was stumped, but cranberry sauce... #3 CS Lewis and #4 no idea and did not look it up ;)

    I like this post, Grandma!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.