
Holiday Greetings to all from the Johnston household!
Charles here, writing for Mom and Dad and of course ME!
For those of you who are not able to be in our company this Christmas, Mom Dad and I thought it might be nice to have a special blog post that includes some highlights from our season so far.



Of course, you cannot separate the Johnston Christmas traditions from our outdoor display. The set-up changed this year although the religiously themed decor remains on 12th street at the front of the house facing the church. We were pleasantly surprised this year to have people stopping and commenting on the decorations as we were setting them up. We think they're pretty special and it is nice to know that people appreciate them too.


Next, I had the

privilege of traveling to NYC this year to celebrate my graduation from Kansas State. It was a lot

of fun spending the time watching shows and seeing the Christmas season in a New York state of mind. In addition to all the activities, Dad, Tim Shook and I got to spend quite a bit of time with Mary and Kurtis and I played Santa Claus by bringing all of their Christmas goodies from Kansas to their apartment in Brooklyn (note their "Christmas Tree" behind Kurtis). We left NYC having had a backstage tour of Radio City Music Hall where we saw some of the key players in the live nativity.

But the highlight of every Christmas holiday is getting to spend time with family and friends. Love to all and Merry Christmas.
Charles
love it and miss you all!!
ReplyDeleteVery clever title. I wondered when the red cheek picture would surface.
ReplyDeleteGood post. Enjoyed seeing all the pictures.
ReplyDelete