Something old, something new, something not borrowed and something brown, not blue:
Something Old:
At the Givan house, we are still doing many of the same ole things. Work, church duties, and some extra curriculas.
Something New:
Something new for me was taking Shona through a dog obedience class with Kate and Ben. Oh, goodness I have watched Kate do this for years and it is not as easy as it looks. In fact, I'm in trouble pretty much every week for doing something wrong. It definitely is not a confidence builder. Kate and Benny of course make it look easy. Something else new are added job duties at the Cos. I'm now operations coordinator which adds the front desk coordinating to my day. We have a very good assistant front desk manager so it hasn't been a difficult job so far. Mostly, I coordinate with other departments. I have gotten the hang of selling tickets and one day I spent down there recently, I got more done than I do in my office!
Tim's something new is a new certification for his job. He had to go to school for it and did decide that this could be it for the school learning. It was rather stressful-the studying and taking tests. He is also leading a new Bible study at church. Oh, and he has discovered the joy of podcasts. It is not unusual to find him "plugged" in to his ipod listening as he goes about the house. Although, I have wondered if at times he is also using it to block Kate and I out!
Something not borrowed:
Well, we had our oven go out right before Easter. I walked in the door with my frozen turkey in hand for Easter weekend dinner only to discover that a power surge had taken out the oven. Soooo.... you can't borrow someone's oven forever (although Gma and Gpa's worked to bake the turkey) so we now have a "new to us" oven. It is very nice. We also finally gave up on the washer. If you were ever over here during the spin cycle you would have thought you were about to observe a shuttle launch. Anyway, we now have a "new to us" washer. It is amazing. The clothes don't come out dripping water but are actually rung out.
Something brown, not blue:
Meet Ellie Mae. Our something brown, not blue. Ellie Mae is my very own pet. Now you may think that is weird since we have several pets at our house. You could also consider her to be my mid life crisis or maybe another attempt to find a hobby. Whatever she is -she is very cute and loveable. It is really fun to have a pet to sit with and greet you when you come home. I plan to take her to an obedience class that Kate is co teaching this summer with the goal of doing Reading with Rover with her at the library.
Take care one and all and until next time.

Great post! Always enjoy the themes and nice to hear about all of the new things that you are doing. Ellie is super cute - hope that you bond together!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the new and now you can join the Caviler lovers of the family. ;)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear your news!
ReplyDelete